Finding CALM in the storm !!
I've always considered myself a pretty level-headed person. I could handle stress, manage my time, and keep my emotions in check - or at least, that's what I thought. But one day, I found myself in a situation where all of that changed. It was a day when my emotions completely took over, and i wasn't sure how to handle it.
It started like any normal day. I woke up with a long list of things to do: I had work deadlines, personal errands, and a few messages from friends that I needed to respond to. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it felt like everything was stacking up on top of each other.
As the day went on, things started going wrong. First , I feel a minor pain from my left shoulder to the same hand. Secondly , I missed an important email that set me back on a project. Then, I received a message from a close friend . We had a little argument which ends with" rehne do tum nahi samjhoge". On top of that, small things - like spilling my coffee and dealing with unexpected household issues- added to my stress.
I kept telling myself to push through it. I can handle this, I thought. But deep down, I could feel my emotions building up like a volcano ready to erupt.
By the time evening came, I felt completely drained. The simplest tasks felt like mountains to climb, and I couldn't focus on anything. Then, one small thing happened that pushed me over the edge- a tech glitch on my laptop that made me lose hours of work.
That was it. The frustration, the stress, the pressure - it all hit me at once. I remember just sitting there, staring at my screen, feeling tears well up in my eyes. I felt angry, sad, helpless and tired all at the same time. My mind was racing and it felt like my emotions were completely out of control.
I couldn't hold it in anymore. I burst into tears.
In that moment, I realized just how overwhelmed I was. It wasn't just about the lost work or the stressful day - it was everything. All rhe things had built up over time, and I had been ignoring them, telling myself I was fine. But now, I was sitting in a sea of emotions, feeling like I was drowning.
I was overwhelmed by how much was happening inside my head. I couldn't figure out how to deal with it all. I felt like I had no control over my feelings, and that scared me.
After a few minutes of sitting with my emotions, I did the only thing I could think of - I took a step back. I pushed my chair away from my desk, stood up, and walked outside. I needed air, and I needed to clear my mind.
As I walked, I let myself just feel. I didn't try to push the emotions away or pretend they didn't exist. I let myself cry, feel frustrated, and even angry. I told myself it was okay to feel all of this because I had been holding it in for too long.
After a while, I found a bench to sit on. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, letting the cool air fill my lungs. For the first time all day, I felt a small sense of calm starting to creep in .
That's how, I realized something important: it's okay to feel overwhelmed. It's okay to admit that I can't always keep everything together. What's important is how I handle it.
Now, whenever I start to feel overwhelmed again, I remind myself to pause, breathe, and let myself feel whatever I need to feel. I’ve learned that emotions aren’t something to be afraid of or to push away. They’re just part of being human.
Overwhelming emotions may still come from time to time, but I now have the tools to handle them. Instead of letting them control me, I give myself the space to process them, knowing that the storm will pass.
My experience with overwhelming emotions taught me that it’s okay to feel out of control sometimes. What matters is how we respond to those emotions and how we take care of ourselves in those moments.
So if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, feeling overwhelmed by everything at once, remember that you’re not alone. Take a deep breath, give yourself a moment, and know that it’s okay to let your emotions out. With time and patience, you can find your calm in the storm, just like I did.
Comments
Post a Comment